Friday, June 03, 2005

Ironic

Mumbai, 1st June 2005, Page 1, Times of India

"Govt stubs out tobacco scenes in films, TV"

"Liquor to flow more freely in state soon"

I wake up at half past 11 and glance at newspaper to find above two headlines. Ironic! Yes thats the first word which stayed in my mind longer than I expected. On one hand first article describes the growing concern of Indian Govt over the indirect advertisements of tabacco products and its effect on young generation. On the other hand, Maharashtra govt all of sudden intends to be more liberal about making beer, wine, Indian Made Foreign Liquor and country liquor available to the public. Not that I have any issues with either of them, but I found them tussling over the logic. I for one, strongly believe in free will and self accountability for every thing one does to himself. Anyways an interesting start for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home